Thursday, April 17, 2003

The Trouble With Wanda's Visit

1. Current Clothes: Black tank top that says "DIVA" in glittering letters with an orange button-down shirt over it, jeans, pink & red "X O X O" toe socks and flip-flops. It's my Wanda wear, except I'll have some bright pink capris instead of my jeans for the play...
2. Current Mood: Worried and annoyingly forgetful.
3. Current Music: "If You're Not the One"--Daniel Bedinfield. *Sighs wistfully* These are some good lyrics.
4. Current Taste: Grapes.
5. Current Hair: All ratted up and thrown up into a glittery, dissarayed mess. It's the Wanda do.
6. Current Smell: Cancun perfume.
7. Current thing I ought to be doing: Going over my lines repeatedly until there's no possible chance they can get out of my head.
8. Current Desktop Picture: A homemade mass of Harry/Hermione pictures.
9. Current CD in CD Player: "Holly's Car Tunes."
10. Current dvd in dvd player: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
11. Current Color Of Toenails: Irridescent blue & purple.
12. Current Refreshment: Vanilla soy milk.
13. Current Worry: *Through gritted teeth* Must get lines memorized... but... can't. *Seethes*

I can't believe this. I went through my play, Wanda's Visit, approximately 5 million times before I went to theatre tonight. When I got there, I watched the incredibly hilarious play that Don stars in, Actor's Nightmare. In the play, Don's character, George, is an accountant who mistakenly wanders onto the set of four different plays, and all the actors think he's the main character of every play. He, of course, doesn't know any lines, but he has to make them up throughout all four plays while the other actors get more and more impatient with him, the poor guy. When everyone finished with Actor's Nightmare, it was time for Wanda's Visit. Nick, Shawna and I got on stage and started going through the play... but I kept either forgetting my lines, or getting them all mixed up. And it didn't help that Lori stopped me every two seconds to inform me that I wasn't hanging all over Nick nearly enough. I called "Line!" so many times that I felt like Don's character. *Groans in frustration*
I wished Leah were there. She wasn't there yesterday either, so Kyle called Leah on her cell. Kyle told us exactly how the conversation went:
Kyle: Leah, where are you?
Leah: (raspy-voiced) ...Who the hell is this?
Kyle: (sarcastic) I'm your stalker, geez. It's Kyle! Jason's freaking out because you're the only other person in his play, so he has nothing to do but complain.
Leah: I have bronchitis! Tell Jason to stop being so gay and blow one!
Kyle: I'll tell him your exact words.
Leah: Good!
Even when she's sick, she's hilariously honest! Oh, that Leah... I know she couldn't be, but I really wished she were there. I always do good when Leah's there because she cheers me on and gives me confidence. *Sigh* Hopefully, she'll be better by next week. It's a lot funnier when she's offensive to Jason's face.

I know everyone's sick of hearing about the fan fiction *cough* SMUT *cough* I read, but... you've just got to see this one! In T.G.I.F. by babygrrl, Harry's got a date at a nightclub with Chrissy, a young, giggly witch with extremely big... eyes. But would he rather go home with Chrissy, or that liberated witch in the hot red dress? Guess who that might be? Hermione? Dun dun dun! This story is hot. babygrrl should get paid millions of Galleons every time she does one of these little masterpieces. *Nods fervently*
Yesterday, I was at the Olive Garden with Mom and her friend, Julie. We had a lovely dinner, but when I got to my car, I couldn't find my keys anywhere. Mom and Julie had already driven off, so I went back inside to search for my keys in the restaurant. They weren't there. I tried to call my mom, but the volume on her cell phone was turned all the way down. Finally, she called my cell and asked where the heck I was. She came back to get me and take me to theatre, and that's when she noticed my keys in the ignition of my car... but the car was locked. *Rolls eyes* I couldn't believe it. So at 10 P.M., when theatre got out, Zach came into class with an extra pair of keys and three friends. Lori was all mad that I had all those extra people there, distracting the actors, but what could I do? I feel so irresponsible this week. *Sighs*
Love you kids!
--Holly 8-X

No comments: